Know your skin type
Laser Praxis Products: Skin care Products
Skin is generally clean and smooth use a mild cleanser and light moisturizer.
Skin is greasy or shiny, avoid greasy products.
Skin often feels tight and is flaky, use a heavier 24-hour moisturizer.
Skin is dry in some areas and oily in others use a mild cleanser and treat skin zones separately.
Basic Skin Care Regimen
Daily cleaning removes dirt, germs, and pollutants from the skin and helps it look and feel clean and refreshed
- Wash once or twice a day
- Use warm (not hot water)
- Use a mild facial cleanser that rinses off easily
- Gently pat or bolt dry with a soft towel
- Do not pull or scrub the skin
- Do not overwash, particularly if you have dry skin
- Do not use body soap or alcohol-based products
Also Read: 3 Tips For Healthy Winter Skin
Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells, leaving your face looking bright and fresh. It also helps moisturizers penetrate the surface of the skin.
- The best time is in the morning
- Only exfoliate once or twice a week (less if your skin is dry or sensitive)
- You can buy exfoliating scrubs or make your own
- Wet face with warm (not hot) water
- Rub the product on your face in a circular motion for 30 seconds
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Do not use products with large or sharp granules
- Do not exfoliate too often (this can remove your skin’s natural protection and cause redness and irritation)
Moisturizing products help the skin retain moisture, feel smoother and look healthier they can also prevent future lines and wrinkles.
- Use twice daily, morning and evening
- Apply while your face is damp or wet
- Using a light, even pressure, move in upward strokes from the neck to the forehead
- Even acne-prone skin needs moisturizers, but make sure they are oil-free
- Choose a product appropriate for your skin type (creamier products for dry skin: lighter products for oily skin)
- Do not pull at the skin (especially around the eyes)
More Face Care Tips
- Wear sunscreen
- Eat a balanced diet
- Exercise regularly
- Drink water
- Use products that are oil-free
- Use very hot or very cold water
- Smoke or drink alcohol
- Use body soap on your face
- Scrub your face hard with a washcloth or towel
- Touch your face throughout the day
- Pick, squeeze, or pop pimples
- Pull or rub skin, particularly around the eyes